website page counter
View My Stats EddieChingLives: Why Manga Is Awesome!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Why Manga Is Awesome!


It's portable. Inexpensive. Not super thin, so you don't have to worry about it bending. It looks nice on a shelf, and contains 4-6 or more issues. The action is great. But mainly, cheaper, more bang for your buck!



My two must haves right now are DeathNote #9...



and Phantom


The art and action are amazing! Plus, I like comics because of the art and story, not for the collectabillity. I tried to find the right title, narrowing down issues in a store where I live when the owner asks me to not go through the books, because I might ruin them for collectors. I'm not a 5 year old, I think I know how to flip through books carefully.

So screw the collectors, and screw mom and pop stores that don't care about the reader who loves the art and story, and only care about the collecters. Borders and Barnes & Noble and Ebay and Amazon! More convenient, more trades, more manga, and better prices! Screw pamphlet comics. I can wait for the trade!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home